Women in Buddhism
The Women in Buddhism - Study Initiative has grown out of discussions held during the Interdisciplinary Colloquium and Workshop on Women in Buddhism held in June 2013 by the Numata Center for Buddhist Studies and the Academy of World Religions at the University of Hamburg. Its chief aim is to further academic research, exchange and teaching related to the situation, activities and challenges of women in the Buddhist traditions.
- Sakyadhita (International Association of Buddhist Women)
- Jamyang Foundation (An Educational Project for Himalayan Women)
- Studienstiftung für Buddhismus
- Brambosch-Schaelen-Stiftung der Deutschen Buddhistischen Union e.V.
- Committee for Bhiksuni Ordination
- Alliance for Bhikkhunis
- First International Congress on Women's Role in the Sangha 2007
- The Pluralism Project at Harvard (Project Report on Women in Buddhism in the U.S.)